Watercolors of landscapes and architectural subjects make up the majority of Terri Gay’s work. Her sketchbooks are full of drawings of outdoor adventures and travels. Plein air watercolor was a natural choice for elaborating on her drawing skills and entering the challenge of a new medium.
Terri has traveled in four continents, all the while sketching her travels. She hiked the Arizona Trail, connecting footsteps from Mexico to Utah, over a span of six years. She’s creating a collection of paintings of sites along the trail. You can see some in the galleries on this website.
Her experience includes teaching classes in drawing fundamentals and perspective for artists, freehand drawing and visualization for drawing. She has worked as an illustrator and designer.
Exhibits & Recognition
- Recipient of 2020 Janet Tifft Grant
- Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild, “Annual Show,” juried, 2020
- Sonoran Plein Air Painters “At the Races” show, Rillito Race Track, juried 2019
- Arizona Plein Air Painters “Annual Show,” juried, 2019
- Sonoran Plein Air Painters Mini-Max Show” Winter 2018
- Tucson Mayor’s show, Tucson City Hall, 2018
- Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild, “Fiesta Sonora,” juried, 2018
- “Barrio Five” Show, Tucson Temple of Music and Art gallery, 2017
- Tucson Plein Air Painters Society 2015 “Art Notes” show, second place award
- Bisbee, Arizona, Plein Air Festival, second place award, 2015
- Agua Caliente Pima County Parks Paint Out Show, 2012, 2013
- Bisbee, Arizona, Garden Tour/Plein Air Paint Out & Exhibit, 2012
- American Women Artists scholarship recipient, 2012 Master Class and Desert Museum Paint Out, Tucson, Arizona
Memberships & Affiliations
- Artist Member, Sonoran Plein Air Painters; Board member, secretary
- Juried Member, Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild
- Member, Tucson Barrio Painters